To serve the Harmony area by supporting projects which improve the quality of life and build a stronger community.
The Harmony Area Community Foundation was established in 2012 by a group of residents dedicated to improving Harmony’s quality of life. HACF received its “seed” money from the former Trust for a Better Harmony, which was instrumental in building the Harmony-Preston bike trail and other large community projects. The trust has received several generous donations over the years – HACF is proud of this legacy and is excited to carry this torch forward!
- Parks & Trails
- Fillmore Central Schools
- Public Library
- Arts & History
- Health & the Environment
- Community Support and Growth
HACF is now establishing a Founders Club. This is one of the first steps in creating awareness and raising funds for the Foundation’s endowment fund, as well as provides grant monies to be used towards approved focus area projects. Becoming a member of the Founders Club requires a minimum investment of $1,000. Pledges that are met within a 10 year timeframe are acceptable.
Please consider ways you may be able to become a part of the Founders Club: individually, part of an extended family, employees of a business, members of a service group or other organization.
If we all play together we can create a symphony to make our shared dreams happen within our community. Your contributions, like Notes on the Scale, can make our city’s dreams come true. No matter what the size of your note is, you can help us make the music happen in Harmony! You may choose which note you want to contribute to make our dreams come true!
- Whole Note – $5,000 & up
- half Note – $1,000 – $4,999
- Quarter Note – $100 – $999
- Eighth Note – $5 – $99
How to make your donation:
- On-Line – Go to bit.do/harmony-community-fund
- First, in the drop-down box, select Harmony Area Community Foundation.
Second, in the white text box, type FOUNDERS CLUB.
- By Check – Make check out to Harmony Area Community Foundation.
- Mail checks to Harmony Area Community Foundation, PO Box 342, Harmony, MN 55939
- Gift of Grain – Click below to see how to donate grain to each cause.
- Donate grain to benefit HACF or Donate grain for Fillmore Central Scholarship Foundation
- Use the Contribution Pledge Card – Download and print the brochure which includes the pledge card.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Your contribution is tax deductible due to our 501©(3) status with the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation.
HACF Grant Policy Procedure
- Grant Applications should be received at least two weeks before regularly scheduled quarterly meetings. Applications will be sent to board members for their review- any concerns should be forwarded to the President who will then share with the applicant. Applicant will be asked to attend the scheduled meeting to present their application and to answer any questions.
- Grant requests will wait for our regularly scheduled quarterly meetings.
- Grant Requirements must meet our mission statement- “To serve the City of Harmony and it’s surrounding area by supporting projects which improve the quality of life and build stronger communities”– and have ongoing community benefits and generally considered a one time gap financing of a project.
- Grant request voting to take place after applicant’s presentation and applicant has been dismissed.
- Secretary will notify applicant within 48 hours of board’s decision.